Airport History

Document Center   Community Safety   Online Payments   Events Calendar   City Services   Action Center   City Code   Map Center

Contact Us

226 West 4th Street
Davenport, IA 52801
Get Directions

Airport History

Cram FieldDavenport's first Municipal Airport was built in 1928 and was located near Division Street at Duck Creek. "Cram Field", as it was known at that time, was later closed in 1949. The current Davenport Municipal Airport was built and located nearer to interstate access at 9230 Harrison Street in 1948.

 
For more information visit Paul Freeman's Airport History Site on Abandoned and Little Known Airfields. The site provides information on a 2nd Airfield that was once located in Bettendorf, yet known to many as Davenport Airport. The services provided at the location by Agonair Service were relocated to our 9230 Harrison Street site in the 1963 and the Bettendorf (Davenport) Airport was abandoned for residential development.

 
If you have stories or more information on the history of Davenport Municipal Airport we would love to hear them. Please contact the Airport Manager at 563.326.7783.